Passionate about social justice? Brave New Foundation seeks a Social Media Associate to drive our online strategy on at least two campaigns to secure a more humane world with opportunity for all. The issues you work on will include curbing mass incarceration and slashing our nation’s bloated, corrupt military budget.
A strong candidate will:
- Have experience running social media campaigns.
- Demonstrate all-around aptitude with web-based tech and the ability to quickly master new tools (including NationBuilder, our content management system).
- Demonstrate the ability to push metadata, micro-content and back-end capabilities to their limit to help content go viral.
- Be proficient with Adobe Photoshop with an ability to make strong graphics for social distribution.
- Be a strong, concise writer with advanced experience using social media.
- Show a strong commitment to social justice.
Candidates should send an email, cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your submission on example of prior social media campaign experience and the metrics you used to judge success. Include a sample of your ability to produce an infographic or viral quote graphic.
- Day-to-day social media postings on sites including (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Reddit, etc.
- Expanding our organization’s reach in social communities where our presence could be stronger.
- Monitoring trending hashtags, memes, etc. for use in social media campaigns and to find inspiration for BNF-generated hashtags and memes.
- Designing campaign visuals like shareable infographics and thumbnail images for YouTube and email content.
- Keeping campaign websites updated.
- Miscellaneous duties such as curating internal research documents and creating/monitoring metrics for social media success.
This is not a 9-to-5 position; we maintain an aggressive mentality when it comes to responding to breaking news and need a new media associate who fits that culture.